The construction of three new traditionally designed grand entrances and associated walling to popular public park in Parkstone.
Greendale were pleased to construct two new entrances off Alexandra Road and one entrance and boundary walling off Palmerston Road. The construction comprised of new re-constituted stone, plinth walling, part re-constituted stone and brickwork piers with ornamental cornices, and new cast iron pedestal lighting to the main entrance piers. Areas between the brick piers were filled in with ornate metal railings. New ornate metal gates with floral design were also installed on the three main entrances. Hard landscaping comprised of natural stone cobles in fan pattern and new tarmac as required. The works were carried out whilst the park remained operational and was phased so that access could be maintained safely throughout the project. The main entrance piers were engraved with the original date that the park was laid out, 1906, and the latin word ‘spero’ which means ‘hope’.
The new entrance design echo’s that of the larger Poole Park which were laid out at a similar time for the enjoyment of the people of Poole.
Employer Poole Borough Council
Architects DLM Design
Surveyors DLM Design
Duration 16 weeks